#G7UK is taking place at Carbis Bay, Cornwall on 11-13 June 2021.
In 2021, the G7 has a unique opportunity to lead the global ocean protection and recovery needed to:
- Tackle climate disruption
- Reverse biodiversity loss
- Support human wellbeing, and
- Embark on a successful, inspirational recovery from the COVID 19 pandemic
Scientists from G7 countries have identified seven asks for the G7 to lead a stimulus package of policy and science interventions to:
- Stop damaging the ocean
- Protect, manage and restore the ocean
- Lead a decade of global ocean action
See more below on our current G7 activities, including the Science Statement written by a collection of ocean scientists from G7 countries, and an NGO letter to Ministers ahead of G7 Environment Ministers Meeting 20 & 21 May.
To support amplification of the Ministerial Letter, Scientist Statement, and #ListenToTheOcean on Social Media, follow @OceanFlotilla on Twitter and Instagram. Flotilla members can use the #ListenToTheOcean Social Toolkit sent by email.
This project is made possible through the support of Bloomberg Philanthropies, Vibrant Oceans Initiative and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.