Through regular conversations with our members and stakeholders, we identify key moments for influence in the ocean and wider calendar (from important policy conferences to report releases to ‘awareness days’) and design a package of support to enable the OneOcean Flotilla to respond in an aligned way around these moments. We take a no logos, no egos approach – none of our communications product are branded.
Support packages include:
- Intended objective (eg negotiation outcome)
- Communications approach recommendations
- Key messages
- Message wheels / messaging toolkit (to help members adapt messaging to their organisational requirements)
- Briefing papers with key points and background
- Unbranded media toolkit with tweets, images, tiles etc for use
We also support OneOcean Flotilla members through horizon scanning activities and advanced planning events. For more information or to sign up to the OneOcean Flotilla, click here.
Since the outset in 2019 , our Flotilla has engaged in wide-ranging activities designed to:
- Increase ocean resilience to climate breakdown by reducing other stressors, such as overfishing and single-use plastic;
- Secure new targets to protect 30% of the ocean by 2030, attainable at CBD CoPs;
- Ensure a robust treaty for the High Seas in the final round of UN Negotiations;
- Reduce emissions to limit global heating to 1.5 degrees, attainable at UNFCC CoPs;
- Maintain momentum for ocean protection during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Issues we work on include: